A Turkmen Youmut rug from the tribal region of Central Asia. This Turkmen Yomut is one of the finest tribal weaves from the late nineteenth century. The simple chevron design in light blue and rust colors in a rust color field with a mihrab (prayer rug design) form on top makes for a true collectible piece.
- Dimensions: 2’ 10” x 5’ 8”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter 19th Century
- Place of Origin: Central Asia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1055