Turkish Village Rug
A beautiful Turkish village rug in prayer design format with natural vegetable dyes. Truly a masterpiece of the Turkish Village weaving tradition. A range of fantastic colors is created by the use of natural dyes that over time develop various shades of color depending on the wool dying process. The rich brilliant red color field has the accent colors of green and blue enhancing the color palate. From a private San Francisco collection.
- Dimensions: 3' 1" x 4' 7"
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter 19th Century
- Place of Origin: Anatolia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1590