Shahsavan Soumak Saddlebag
This Shahsavan Soumak Saddlebag was woven in the late 1800s by the tribes in NW Persia. Caucasian and Northwest Persian soumak bags from the 19th century are renowned by collectors for preserving classical drawing from centuries ago. This complete saddlebag which is also known as khorjin in Persian, or double animal bag set.
- Dimensions: 1’ 10” x 4’ 1”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool on a wool foundation with natural dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Rug ID: 1469