Beauty in Simplicity. That is what this small prayer rug gem from the NW Persia should be called. The camelhair field of the rug has three main design. There is a border surrounding the main field in beautiful pistachio color. The color can be seen better in the photo of the rug. The green natural dye color is very difficult to produce and is very sensitive to light. The simplicity in the design and the minimalist form make this an ideal rug to be used on the wall as display art.
- Dimensions: 3’ 1" x 4’ 10”
- Date of Manufacture: 1st Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: Western Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1274