The Khotan rugs from the Eastern Turkestan in Central Asia have developed a following a devotion because of their rarity and beautiful combination of colors and design. This rug with the “pomegranate” fruit design in light orange color set in a light blue field. The design has special meaning in the eastern culture where pomegranate fruit is considered “seed of life”.
- Dimensions: 2’ 2” x 8’ 1”
- Date of Manufacture: Late 1800s
- Place of Origin: Turkestan, Central Asia
- Material: Wool pile on a cotton foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Small dark spot. Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1127