Kazak kilims from the Caucasus have become extremely collectible. Since Kilims are tapestry type flatweaves (no pile). Finding a Caucasian kilim this size and in this condition and one that is over 125 years in such a great condition is extremely rare. The combination of bright and beautiful colors in rows make this a breathtaking piece of art.
- Dimensions: 6'11" x 11'8"
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter 19th Century
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Rug ID: 1617