This Kazak carpet is from the Karabagh village in the Armenian region of Azerbaijan in the Caucasus. The Karabagh carpets are very desirable by the collectors and people that are familiar with the Caucasian weaving styles. The three geometric forms that cover the center of the rug is made up of a number of concentric stars. The border in red with geometric designs adds to the beauty and uniqueness of this rather “large size” Caucasian.
- Dimensions: 4’ 8” x 7’ 10”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter 19th Century
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Rug ID: 1332