An extremely rare square size Kazak rug from the late 1800s. This beautiful village woven Kazak from the 4th quarter of the 19th century has two large medallions set in an abrash blue color field with the medallions in green and brown colors. The bright color geometric forms are set in a white color border which adds to the richness and beauty of this unique rug.
- Dimensions: 4’ 9” x 4′ 8”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter 19th Century
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Rug ID: 1285