A beautiful and colorful distressed Karabagh area rug from the Caucasus region from the late 1800s. The Karabagh rug has a geometric design with a series of medallions set in a beautiful turquoise blue/green color field with medallions in blue, brown, and yellow colors. The primary border is a beautiful rich cranberry red color with geometric designs in red, blue, yellow, green, and blue colors surrendered on one side with a light yellow and on the other side a beautiful green minor border.
- Dimensions: 4' 10" x 8' 7"
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Armenia, Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural dyes
- Condition: Worn look. Shabby Chic.
Rug ID: 1644