The runners from Karabagh region of the Caucasus are rather rare. This design of this rug is a series of seven large connected diamond shapes interconnected by smaller diamond forms set in a field of rich brick color. The border is smaller geometric shapes in bright red, blue.green, yellow. The rug has a date 1313 (Islamic calendar) weaved in it corresponding to 1895 AD.
- Dimensions: 3’ 5” x 16’ 7”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1273