Beautiful oversize rug from Heriz in the Azerbaijan region of Northwest Persia. The Heriz rugs have ageless beauty and because of the use of natural dyes, the develop more beautiful color hues over many generations of use. The use of bright colors and the geometric design in the rug facilitates the ability to bring in an antique rug as a foundation of modern design of a room. The use of extensive white color in the field also provides a background for the design forms in the rug in various colors including green, red, pink, yellow, dark and light blues to stand out.
- Dimensions: 10' 6″ x 18' 6″
- Date of Manufacture: 1920s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool on a cotton foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1253