Beautiful late 20th century Gabbeh rug with a nice modern design and light colors with the beige field, blue and red, entirely hand-knotted with wool velvet on wool foundation. Gabbeh rugs are the true manifestation of village weavers' design. The Gabbeh carpets are the true essence of “minimalist’ in design as it is shown in this rug with two diamonds in the cream-colored field each with a small animal form on the sides. The variation in the wool color also adds to the depth of the design.
- Dimensions: 4’ 3” x 7’ 2”
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: Shiraz region of Western Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1168