Gabbeh rugs are the true manifestation of village weavers design. The Gabbeh carpets are the true essence of “minimalist’ in design as it is shown in this rug with two diamonds in the cream-colored field each with a small animal form on the sides. The variation in the wool color also adds to the depth of the design.
- Dimensions: 4’ 3” x 7’ 2”
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: Shiraz region of Western Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1168