The use of Turkmen small carpet and making it into a large cushion is a practice that is done in the orient frequently. This was done by the tribes to provide them back support called “Poshti” meaning pillow for the back. This was used for seating on the floor in a tent. This a beautiful use of an antique carpet for other applications around the home.
- Dimensions: 39" x 19” x 6”
- Date of Manufacture: 4th Quarter of 1800s
- Place of Origin: Central Asia
- Material: Wool on a wool foundation with natural dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Rug ID: 1459