NW Persian Camelhair
The beautiful wide and long camelhair from the NW Persia. The runner has very unique and unusual design medallions set in a camelhair color field. The design colors in the field include blue, green, pink, and yellow, and the variations on those because of the abrash effect of vegetable dyes. The designs in the field and the border is reminiscent of the Kurdish rugs from NW Persia. The border color is light salmon. One of the most sought-after antique rugs by true connoisseurs of fine weaving.
- Dimensions: 3’ 10" x 19’ 6”
- Date of Manufacture: 1st Quarter of the 1900s
- Place of Origin: NW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Rug ID: 2009