The Cloudband Kazak carpet is from the mid-1800s from the village of Chondoresh in the Karabagh area of the Caucasus mountains. This is a rare carpet and highly sought after for its design and colors. It has a beautiful geometric design have a rare green color large design containing the “cloud bands” in white, pink, red, and blue. The designs are set in a tomato red color field. Small geometric designs are in blue, green, yellow, and red colors.
- Dimensions: 4’ 3” x 8’ 6”
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd Quarter of the 1800s
- Place of Origin: Caucasus
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1481