This Afshar gallery size rug was made by the Afshar tribe of southern Persia. This is a unique rug because most Afshars come in small area size rug. The paisley pattern on the blue background with a predominantly cream color border makes this truly a unique masterpiece of tribal weaving.
- Dimensions: 5’ 9” x 11’ 10”
- Date of Manufacture: 3rd quarter 19th Century
- Place of Origin: SW Persia
- Material: Wool pile on a wool foundation with natural vegetable dyes
- Condition: Wear consistent with age and use
Product ID: 1002